Day 18

Today I learned a great, NEW cleaning tip!

So what do you do when this:

becomes this:


one big, spilled, waxy layer mess on your walls and carpet?
(and this picture was taken 1/2 way thru the clean-up process, so imagine it twice as bad!)


Well, first you get a kitchen sponge and then laugh at yourself for even thinking the wax would "wipe up".

Then you start scraping your fingernails along the wall. You grab a kitchen scraper and even a plastic fork and start scraping the wall and realize textured walls absolutely suck! Then, you are handed a lighter (from your husband) and try melting the wax off the wall without burning the wall, and hope the carpet doesnt catch fire- and to think this very month I am teaching my preschoolers about fire safety! HA!


When all that fails, you head to the computer and find this fabulous idea on ehow.com- my new favorite site!

Items Needed:

Paper Lunch Bags
Iron

All you do is place the bag over the spilled wax, turn the iron onto the lowest setting and begin to "iron" the bag. Keep it moving and in just seconds, the wax begins to be adsorbed by the paper bag! It worked for the carpet and the wall and it took no time at all! It was amazing to watch and it kept me and Leah entertained and amused the entire time. Apparently it works for all surfaces and fabrics! Sweet!


(K, thanks Rob for the GREAT picture of me- and no, my iron wasn't burned during this, it has been that way forever!)

From this, I leaned:

1. Ehow.com is fantastic

2. Keep your wax burner off the carpet

3. I am a little obsessed with innovative ways to clean, it might become a problem!


Did anyone else not know this or was it just news to me?