Weeding Wednesday

This picture was taken in 2005 when we first moved into our house. It was just the 3 of us then- look how much has changed! I am just including this picture so you can get an idea of what the yard looks like that I was working on for "Weeding Wednesday"

I went outside at 9am, fed the kids lunch at 11, was back outside at 11:30, and not done til 2pm. I weeded all our planters, cut down some flower bushes that were overgrowing onto our walkway (we have added those since this picture was taken), I mowed the lawn and edged the entire grass with scissors since our edger was broken and then hosed everything off to make it clean and pretty. It took me nearly all day, but it looks so nice and feels so good to be productive like that! Plus, my kids got to play outside all day so everyone was happy! Not to mention they spent lots of time in the hose getting me and them soaking wet!

And thank goodness for nice weather! On a normal day in June this could never happen!