Aunt Megan's Pasta


My fantastic sister in law, Megan, made this for our family last week and I couldn't get enough of it. Best of all, both my kids loved it too! She calls it "Creamy Cheesy Tomato Chicken Pasta" - but around here, my kids know it as "Aunt Megan's Pasta." (which is even easier for me to say too!)

Ingredients:
- 4 thin sliced chicken breast
-6 cloves of garlic
-2 tsp flour
-1 c. chicken broth
-1/2 c. heavy cream
-2 oz. cream cheese
-8 oz. tomato sauce
-1 tsp. red pepper flakes
-1 tsp. oregano
-2 tsp butter
-1 c. parmesan cheese (grated not the sprinkly kind)

Directions:
1. Melt butter in a pan; add chicken and cook until just done; move chicken to a baking dish and cover (keep drippings in the pan)
2. Add flour to the pan and stir until pasty
3. Add chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic, simmer 1 minute
4. Add cream cheese, cream, tomato sauce and most of the parmesan cheese, and oregano
5. Cook over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly; stirring almost constantly
6. Pour sauce over the chicken; top with the rest of the parmesan cheese
7. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes

ENJOY OVER YOUR FAVORITE PASTA!
***the 1 tsp. red pepper flakes makes it pretty spicy, so I would add less if you are feeding to the kiddos. I also like to add one can of drained petite diced tomatoes to the mix, just to add a little extra.***